Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lliu_western
Frequent Visitor

Dax Measure

Hello Community, 

I am really hitting a road block so any help will be really appreciated.

I have a sample table as below:

NameHours WorkedPercentage of work doneMonth 
Bob20.11January
Amy10.05February
Bob30.35January
Tina40.4March
Bob30.35January

Taking "Bob" as an example, in the PowerBI, I would have a Pivot table that looks like below: 

(As the example below, it contains a Drill down in rows, Month then Name)

Total Hours WorkedPercent of work done
January   
Bob80.81
Amy40.76
Tina60.73
Eric70.68
Total Hours Work25 

The first measure I need - demostrated as "Calulation A"

Formula for Calculation A:   

(Total Hours worked by Bob * Total Percent of work done by Bob)/Total Hours work by "Everyone")

As for Bob in Calculation A:

(8*0.81)/25

Total Hours WorkedPercent of work done

Calculation A

(A measure)

January    
Bob80.810.2592
Amy40.760.1216
Tina60.730.1752
Eric70.680.1904
Total Hours Work25  

Here is where I am stuck - The desired table has no names as part of the row drill down but only months but I need the calculation to stay in groups base on its name. 

The most difficult part is, when multilple names are selected (Names is part of the slicer selection), 

the calculation becomes as follow: 

(0.2592*8/25)+(0.1216*4/25)+(0.1752*6)/0.73+0.1904*7/25 = Final Answer

Basically, Calculation A (measure) needs to times the total work hour of that person itself again

then divide the total work hours by everyone

then add all the person's individual result all together

to get my final answer in that work month. 

Sorry, it sounds very complicated and it is very complicated and hard so I am very stuck becasuse I thought I could use group by but group by doesn't work either. Any possible ways to solve this would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Try like

sumx(summarize(table,table[name],"_line_sum",sumx(table,table[Total Hours Worked]*table[Percent of work done])
			,"_sum",sumx(all(table),table[Total Hours Worked])),divide([_line_sum],_sum))

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution.
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

Thanks. My Recent Blogs -Decoding Direct Query - Time Intelligence, Winner Coloring on MAP, HR Analytics, Power BI Working with Non-Standard TimeAnd Comparing Data Across Date Ranges
Connect on Linkedin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Try like

sumx(summarize(table,table[name],"_line_sum",sumx(table,table[Total Hours Worked]*table[Percent of work done])
			,"_sum",sumx(all(table),table[Total Hours Worked])),divide([_line_sum],_sum))

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution.
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

Thanks. My Recent Blogs -Decoding Direct Query - Time Intelligence, Winner Coloring on MAP, HR Analytics, Power BI Working with Non-Standard TimeAnd Comparing Data Across Date Ranges
Connect on Linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.