Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prady2581
Helper I
Helper I

Dax Measure to calculate percent of sub-categories in text values

I have the following sample data. I need a measure that will calculate the count of each unique text values in column Client DSAT, that can be used to calculate % of each sub-category of the total count. 

The method of using the control's filter by this value is a valid method but in my case, it is not feasible as then I;ve do it this for each sub-category, then for each of this a separate measure of %. 

So any suggestion of how to achieve this. 

TicketClient DSAT
5170Timeliness
1630Accuracy
6568Ticket Creation
2427Timeliness
9483Resolution
1777Customer Focus
3393Service Experience
3214Service Experience
3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@prady2581 ,

From your sample data and description I couldn't find the [Sub Category] column and not very clear with the logic of calculate the count of each unique text values in column Client DSAT.

Could you please also post the expected result on the sample data?

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply . By Sub-Categories I mean column name client DSAT, which contains concerns in Text values.

One of the method to calculate % is a) count for each dsat value b) then divide this value from the total count. In this way,  I will have to calculate count for each text values that appears in DSAT. so if there are 8 text categories under DSAT then 8 measures to count these then another 8 DAX measure to calculate %. I think is is not feasible option.

Expected output below example.

DSAT Category     Count of Client DSAT   % Contribution

Timeliness                    12                                               30  %

Resolution                  6                                                 15 %

Any help please.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.