Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nmaddock
Helper I
Helper I

Dax Measure crashing report

Hi,

Please can someone help, I've created a measure which seems to crash my report:

GP Per Lift (13w Avg) = 

VAR 
WeightAllowence = MAX(Agreement[Weight Allowance KG])
RETURN

IF(WeightAllowence = BLANK(), 

//PPK 
     VAR _part1 =  [Lift Rate] - (
                    (MIN([KG's Per Lift by Actuals], MAX(Agreement[Weight Allowance KG]))) * [Disposal Costs])
             RETURN IF( NOT( ISBLANK( _part1 ) ), _part1 - [Operational Costs] ) ,
//Non PPk
    VAR _part1 =  [Lift Rate] - ([KG's Per Lift by Actuals] * [Disposal Costs])
    RETURN IF( NOT( ISBLANK( _part1 ) ), _part1 - [Operational Costs] )
)

Its basically 2 formulas based on wether I have a weight allowence on my agreement table.

My pbx file can be found here https://www.dropbox.com/s/yerlqi9979w5sti/Termination%20complete.pbix?dl=0

Many Thanks in advanced

9 REPLIES 9
alicia_pbi
Employee
Employee

@nmaddockdid you ever get this resolved?  I am having similar issues in multiple PBI reports.  I have large datasets (1M+ rows in the QE) and 30+ measures written in the report as opposed to the data set.  I am getting infinity errors on some of my measures (division against blank/zero) so I am trying to use an iferror.  When I add iferror to the measure the visual spins for hours and ends up crashing.  I am trying to avoid writing the measures in the QE as that would increase the queries necessary and add unnecessary complexity.

Thanks!

kentyler
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You have to provide us with a copy of the file with the offending measure removed. Otherwise it crashes every time we try to open it 🙂

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Help when you know. Ask when you don't!