Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dax - Ignore slicer in a measure

I am able to determine the value of the individual or for the group. However, when I use a slicer to choose the a person. The value that shows the average for that group title changes. I have attempted to use allexcept() and all() neither seem to have any effect on the value. I cannot specify the group and have different measures as the report will allow managers to review employees with different job titles. 

There are two tables involved:

tickets - which lists the individual tickets with the following information: ticket number, task, entered by, closed by, date entered, date closed

members - which lists the people who work with tickets: memberid, name, title

To determine the members tickets closed - I used the following measure:

Con Tickets Closed = 
CALCULATE(
    COUNTROWS('Tickets'),
    USERELATIONSHIP('Member'[Member ID],'Tickets'[Closed By]),
    USERELATIONSHIP('Tickets'[Date Closed],'Date'[Date])
)

To determine the average daily tickets closed by a person, I used the following measure:

Con Avg. Daily Closed = 

VAR contbl=SUMMARIZE('Tickets',Tickets[Closed By],Tickets[Date Closed],"tkts",[Con Tickets Closed])

RETURN
AVERAGEX(contbl,[tkts])

I originally tried to use make a new measure, which was the same above but I added  
var titletkts = CALCULATE ( "tkts",ALL('Member'[Name]) 

then modified the averagex

When that did not work, I took a step back to get just the ticket count of all of the people with the same title when a person is selected with a slicer. 

Title Tickets Closed = 
CALCULATE(
    COUNTROWS('Tickets'),
    USERELATIONSHIP('Tickets'[Date Closed],'Date'[Date]),
    ALL('Member'[Name])
)

I also tried variations of allexcept('member'[title]) - etc. 

I am still not able to get the number of tickets closed by an individual and in a seperate visual, the number of tickets closed by all of the people with the same title, when selecting the the individual's name from a slicer that uses 'member'[name]. 

Thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am attempting to generate a report that shows the average value of one person's daily production vs the average daily production of all others with the same job title. 

I am able to determine the value of the individual or for the group. However, when I use a slicer to choose the a person. The value that shows the average for that group title changes. I have attempted to use allexcept() and all() neither seem to have any effect on the value. I cannot specify the group and have different measures as the report will allow managers to review employees with different job titles. 

There are two tables involved:

tickets - which lists the individual tickets with the following information: ticket number, task, entered by, closed by, date entered, date closed

members - which lists the people who work with tickets: memberid, name, title

To determine the members tickets closed - I used the following measure:

Con Tickets Closed = 
CALCULATE(
    COUNTROWS('Tickets'),
    USERELATIONSHIP('Tickets'[Date Closed],'Date'[Date])
)

To determine the average daily tickets closed by a person, I used the following measure:

Con Avg. Daily Closed = 

VAR contbl=SUMMARIZE('Tickets',Tickets[Closed By],Tickets[Date Closed],"tkts",[Con Tickets Closed])

RETURN
AVERAGEX(contbl,[tkts])

I originally tried to use make a new measure, which was the same above but I added  
var titletkts = CALCULATE ( "tkts",ALL('Member'[Name]) 

then modified the averagex

When that did not work, I took a step back to get just the ticket count of all of the people with the same title when a person is selected with a slicer. 

Title Tickets Closed = 
CALCULATE(
    COUNTROWS('Tickets'),
    ALL('Member'[Name])
)

I also tried variations of allexcept('member'[title]) - etc. 

I am still not able to get the number of tickets closed by an individual and in a seperate visual, the number of tickets closed by all of the people with the same title, when selecting the the individual's name from a slicer that uses 'member'[name]. 

Thoughts?

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please try to use the updated formula to have a try. If it doesn't meet your requirement, kindly share your pbix or sample data to me, please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Title Tickets Closed = 
CALCULATE(
    COUNTROWS('Tickets'),
    ALL('Member'),Values('Member'[Name])
)

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Has your issue been solved? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case. If any other question, feel free to let me know please.

Regards,
Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.