Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dax Frequency of Loss by Threshold

Hello,

I hope to calculate frequency of Loss by Threshold per Loss Year

Loss YearClaimRefLoss

I hope to calculate frequency(number of claimref) where Loss Amount is greater than or equal to Thresold 500k, 1M, 1.5M....

The result table should look something like

Year                Threshold500000100000015000002000000

Kindly help with this.

Thank you

@amitchandak  @Anonymous @parry2k @mahoneypat @AlB @lbendlin 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Anonymous ,

Would be better if you provide some data..

However, I have tried ..

Check this out the pbx file from below link

https://dropfiles.org/6v2zfFpu

Regards

sanalytics

View solution in original post

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous Hey solution is attached, it is dynamic means you can manage the ranges in a table and everything will work as expected, there is no fixed range, so this can scale as business needs grow/change.

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous Hey solution is attached, it is dynamic means you can manage the ranges in a table and everything will work as expected, there is no fixed range, so this can scale as business needs grow/change.

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thank you so much for helping me with this!!

I am very grateful, thank you!!

sanalytics
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@Anonymous ,

Below Formula will also help you

sanalytics_0-1611477600611.png

Please find the pbix file from below link

https://dropfiles.org/nWtta5Xf

Regards

sanalytics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time and helping me with this problem!!

Really very grateful!!

Thanks!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @sanalytics ,

Thank you so much for your help. I have modified my question to better explain what i am trying to do.

Kindly help if possible.

Thank you.

@Anonymous ,

Would be better if you provide some data..

However, I have tried ..

Check this out the pbx file from below link

https://dropfiles.org/6v2zfFpu

Regards

sanalytics

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous check this Dynamic Segmentation blog and see if that gets you what you need.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.