Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Barre
Frequent Visitor

Dax Expression Custom Tooltip

Hi,

I´m struggeling on how to visualize the values in the matrix in a custom tooltip.

E.g when hovering on 20,00% I want the custom tooltip to display 20,00%, how can I achieve this?

Table Structure

Barre_1-1623312207462.png

Matrix

Barre_2-1623312236334.png

Rows

Product Name

Columns

Values

% of Column Total

Measure 

% of Column Total = DIVIDE(SUM('Table'[Sales]),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Sales]),ALLSELECTED('Table'[Product Name])))
5 REPLIES 5
Washivale
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi @Barre : you can switch the tooltip off from visual format section, which will show the same hovered value in tooltip on hover

Washivale_0-1623313617493.png

Hi @Washivale : Thank you for your reply!
Yes, I know I have that possibility, but I need to have it in a custom tooltip due to several other measures will be displayed in the same tooltip, where as one of these measure is dynamic and changes depending on the filters that is manually selected.

Hi @Barre : Explore Tooltip page option in that case, you would be able to include all your measures and it displays values based on filtering context of hover.

Hi @Washivale ,

I have explored the tooltip options, what I am struggeling with is to find the correct DAX-expression to visualize 20,00% when hovering over the Matrix on Product A for Gender F in a custom tooltip.

To clarify the issue:

I need to create a measure that will be used in a custom tooltip. The measure result in the custom tooltip should be 20,00% when hovering the 20,00% value for Product A, gender F in the Matrix visual. 

Hi @Barre ,

It seems that you want to specify which column should be display on tooltip, currently it doesn't support in Power BI. Here is a similar topic shared on Power BI Ideas, you can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.