Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Nicki
Helper III
Helper III

Datetime slicer

Hi ,

If we want to filter data  between  05/01/2019  01:20:50 AM  to  05/26/2019 10:10:30 PM,

there is no slicer except list and drop down and It is very hard to select a time.

I come up with this idea,  slicer "between"  for date. Then I added  add 4 "parameter if " to the page to have Start time ( Hours / Minutes) and End Time (Hours/ Minutes). Next I created a filter for datetime and after that added to visual filter because they are measures.

It is very complex soultion.

Is there any way that I can have datetime format slicer and I can use them to report filter?

Or any thought. Thank you in advacne.

Nicki

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks.

I have lots of charts and do not want to add to each visual chart.

Nicki

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Nicki ,

Yes, currently, built-in slicer doesn't support time-level filtering(except list mode). What if parameters is one workaround as you said. Another possible workaround I have come out is that you can separate the datetime folumn into date and time colomn, they format the time column(HH:MM:SS) as number type (HHMMSS), they create two slicers based on date and time column. Then the time column should be filtered bu slicer with between and other relative mode.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your respond.

I have two  slicers  for date and  time and slider for time  is off.

In this case, users can enter any time. 

The only things, we can enter any number in slicer.

Is there any way I can check the Number (Hour 1-23 and minute 0-59)  for slicer like if parameter?

Regards,

Nicki

Thank you.

a measure cannot add to page level filters.

Nicki

@Nicki ,

There's no need to use page level filter, you only need to drag the two measures to visual chart. When user select an hour or minute. The measures will remind them that if the value they select is valid. This is a workaround.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks.

I have lots of charts and do not want to add to each visual chart.

Nicki

@Nicki ,

The slicer doesn't have this feature. As a workaround, you can create two measures using DAX like:

Is_Hour_Valid =
IF (
    SELECTEDVALUE ( Table[Hour] ) >= 1
        && SELECTEDVALUE ( Table[Hour] ) <= 23,
    "Valid",
    "Invalid"
)

Is_Minute_Valid =
IF (
SELECTEDVALUE ( Table[Hour] ) >= 0
&& SELECTEDVALUE ( Table[Hour] ) <= 59,
"Valid",
"Invalid"
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.