Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ed_raji
Frequent Visitor

Datetime hierarchy drilldown

Hello, a PowerBI newbie here.

I'm trying to achieve something fairly simple, but not sure on how should it be set up.

I have a simple dataset in which I've pivoted the Country columns that looks like that.

ed_raji_0-1601559298196.png

I want to have some sort of filter/slicer that will let me choose the granularity of the datetime.

I'd like to have a dropdown where a user can select the granularity by Hour,Day,Week,Month,Year.

So for example if the user selects by Day - my table would be shown down to the day and the values would be summed up.

ed_raji_1-1601559511346.png

If he would then select by Quarter the view should change to that.

ed_raji_2-1601559605978.png

The table does not necessarily have to have the DateTime columns split up, but I'm just using them as an example.

How does one achieve that functionality ? Should I have a separate table that contains the datetime split up or just add them as columns to the existing dataset?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ed_raji,

Perhaps you can take a look at the following blog about creating a dynamic attribute filter to switch between different fields.
Dynamic Attributes In A Power BI Report 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ed_raji,

Perhaps you can take a look at the following blog about creating a dynamic attribute filter to switch between different fields.
Dynamic Attributes In A Power BI Report 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @ed_raji ,

One way to achieve this is by creating Bookmarks for hierarchies. Check the following video on this:

https://www.havensconsulting.net/blog-and-media/using-bookmarks-to-toggle-hierarchy-levels-across-mu...

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.