Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DataUPBI
Frequent Visitor

Dates shown based on the Slicer Selection

Hi,

I have 2 cards shown as StartDate and EndDate. These are associated to actual date fields and shown the actual dates when slicers are selected at detailed level. Now the problem is that there is a slicer for month like Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr. If none of the slicers are selected the StartDate should pick the first day of the earliest month and EndDate should pick last day of the latest month. For example for above 4 months StartDate is 1st Jan 2018 and EndDate is 30th Apr 2018. If any slicer is selected then it should show the actual dates. Is there a way to get this done?

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Images of what you are seeing and wanting to accomplish might help. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Seems like you could just use a measure or default aggregation MIN and MAX though.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi, please see the below sample data and what I want. 

Sample Data:

Data Sample.GIFWant1.GIFWant2.GIFWant3.GIF

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.