Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

UK_User123456
Resolver I
Resolver I

Dates based on two different FY

Hi All,

I have 2 table(s) that has two different dates that I want to combine into 1 table (picture below), the first is "Last Gift Donated" and the second is "Last Gift Date".

I have done a calc that gives me the difference between the two dates, however the problem is if I put a FY filter in, it changes both the dates, whereas I need to have two filters so that the "Last Gift Donated" is filtered on FY18/19 and the second filter will filter "Last Gift Date" for FY 19/20, so that I can calculate the difference between the two. 

Capture.JPG

Is this possible?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Iamnvt
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

You need 2 different calendar tables to have 2 filters separately.

you can check the PBI here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aps8poidQa5zk6pZb6ArH1hA6Cu_uQ

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

you can use Power Query to create one single table using the Merge action, this article https://radacad.com/append-vs-merge-in-power-bi-and-power-query describes this in greater detail.

Hopefully this is what you are looking for

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Unfortunately, I cant append or merge through power query as the dates are measures, so they dont appear in the power query editor, is there any other way?

Thanks

Iamnvt
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

hi,

looks like you want to modify the outer filter of your "last gift donation" measure to be previous year, and keep "last gift date" as the current selection in the filter. So you can try this measure:

new last gift donation = Calculate([last gift donation], SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR (Calendar[Date]))

so when you filter FY 19/20, this measure will give you the "last gift donation" of FY 18/19.

if still not ok, then please give a sample dataset.

Hi,

I did try the "Sameperiodlast year" function, but it works but not in the way I need it to, I have put a sample dataset. What I need it to be able to use are two filter(s), the first to filter the last gift donation and the second to filter out last gift date, so that it controls different FY's. 

e.g.

Last gift donation will show FY 18/19 and last gift date will show FY19/20

Donor IDLast Gift DonationLast Gift Date
101/01/201815/07/2019
202/02/200101/04/2001
301/01/201925/04/2019
423/05/201915/07/2019
515/03/201816/05/2018
617/06/201818/05/2019
712/09/201801/06/2019
Iamnvt
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

You need 2 different calendar tables to have 2 filters separately.

you can check the PBI here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aps8poidQa5zk6pZb6ArH1hA6Cu_uQ

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.