Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

leanns
Helper I
Helper I

Dates and tooltips

Hello,

I am unsure how to go about this. I have a dashboard that monitors approval status with the names of who needs to approval and their responses. I have everything working perfectly, but I was asked to add a way to display the date of when each person approves the file. My thought (and it works almost perfectly) is to utilize the tooltip option on the Advanced Card visualization to display the date, but I don't want any date to show when the person hasn't approved yet or there isn't a value at all for that spot (some routes are longer than others). 

I have attached a picture of what I don't want. Is there a way to create a measure or a column to not have this occur? 

Thanks!

powerbi.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @calerof ,

While I am sure this expression would work, I could not figure it out in my case which could be due to my lack of knowledge regarding DAX, but thank you for the help. 

I was able to find a solution by creating a new column that converts the date column of data type: date to data type: text which does exactly what I want: shows the date when there is a value and shows a blank when there isn't. 

Thanks again for the suggestion!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
calerof
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello @leanns ,

Use SELECTEDVALUE with your measure:

SELECTEDVALUE FUNCTION

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Fernando

Hello @calerof ,

While I am sure this expression would work, I could not figure it out in my case which could be due to my lack of knowledge regarding DAX, but thank you for the help. 

I was able to find a solution by creating a new column that converts the date column of data type: date to data type: text which does exactly what I want: shows the date when there is a value and shows a blank when there isn't. 

Thanks again for the suggestion!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors