Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dates Table Relationship

I have what should be a simple relationship I am trying to make between 2 data sets. 

One set contains the sales person and all of their invoices by date, the other set contains each sales person with their monthly quota. I am trying to get the dates in each data set to have a relationship but can't not figure out what I'm doing incorrectly. I'm simply trying to see each sales persons monthly quota and monthly invoices in one visualization. 

When I built a relationship between data sets for the sales people, which seems to work fine, but when I go to create the relationship between dates it does not let me make the relationship active 

Capture.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

What this message is expressing is that in the context of your entire data model, adding a relationship specifically between those 2 tables can't be done because the relationship already exists inside the data model, just more indirectly.

For example, if you had 3 tables: A, B and C.  If A -> B and B -> C is what you have right now.  You are trying to link A -> C, but because you can already get to the C through B, it isn't letting to link it again.

There are examples where you could do A -> B, A ->C and B -> C, but this depends on the type of relationships used.

I would urge you to review your entire data model, the flow of filters and the 1-1, 1-* type relationships.  You might that that you already have the relationship you need, or perhaps there is an issue in your model that might give you data integrity problems.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.