Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rps_ken_yu
Regular Visitor

Dates Table Relationship to show just primary or secondary key

I have bunch of tables with LOTs of columns and so on the relationship view is hard to view.  Is there a way to just show the primary and foreign key?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@rps_ken_yu,

Based on your description, your requirement is to hide the columns except primary key and secondary key, right? Click File-> Options-> Modeling view, after restart power bi, you will see the data model view option on the left pane, then click the shift and the columns you want to hiden, enable Is_hidden option like below:

Capture.PNG 111.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Modeling tab | Manage Relationships

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler that helps.  It seems to be able to add and remove relationship between tables.  However, if I have some fields that I do not need to show on this, for example, lets say that I have an invoice header and invoice detail table.  I want to see invoice primary key but not the line item totals and tax in the relationship diagram but would like to query it and so would like it to be listed when I go to the visualization tab.

Thoughts?

Not following. All available tables and columns are listed in the FIELDS area. Are you saying that you are looking for some sort of context awareness?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

In an attempt to clarify based on InvoiceHeader and InvoiceDetail from prior comment.

On the relationship tab, want to view some of the key fields whereas on the visualization tab, I would like to view all the fields available.

For example, on Relationship, I would like to show InvoiceHeader and InvoiceDetail and primary and secondary key.  Where on the the Visualization, I would like to see the InvoiceTotal and InvoiceTax columns in InvoiceHeader.

Problem I am trying to solve is that I have way too may tables with multiple tables that is preventing me from viewing the appropriate relationships.

Thanks again.

@rps_ken_yu,

Based on your description, your requirement is to hide the columns except primary key and secondary key, right? Click File-> Options-> Modeling view, after restart power bi, you will see the data model view option on the left pane, then click the shift and the columns you want to hiden, enable Is_hidden option like below:

Capture.PNG 111.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.