Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MExtross
Helper I
Helper I

Dates Appearing Out of Order in the Visual

Hello!

I am trying to make a chart which details the totals on a monthly basis from 2013 to 2017 starting with July and ending in June. The data is in the right order however when I select the line graph, it switches up the order of the months, as seen below. When I select "Sort by Month" in the top right corner, the order changes, but it is still not the order that I originally wanted or the order that the data is in.

Please let me know if there is a way to fix this.

Thank you!

Capture dashj.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I belive this has been answered before:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Sorting-by-Month-as-Text-Jan-Feb-Mar-etc/m-p/9242#M1729

In the model you can have a column sorted by another column. Take a look at the link.

Hopefully this gets you what you need.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I belive this has been answered before:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Sorting-by-Month-as-Text-Jan-Feb-Mar-etc/m-p/9242#M1729

In the model you can have a column sorted by another column. Take a look at the link.

Hopefully this gets you what you need.

@Anonymous,

Wow such an easy fix! Just had to create another column and the select sort by number.

Thank you for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.