Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

savanth

Date time field not showing time on table chart

Hi , 

Am able to create a dataset with time component with PBI desktop. But when i push data to a dataset created via Rest api , the Datetime value is added as a String type. Isn't it possible to have datetime field in table created via rest api?

this link says it is possible http://www.microsofttrends.com/2015/02/17/pushing-data-into-power-bi-preview-using-the-new-rest-api-...

Advance Thanks 

Savanth

2 REPLIES 2
bramleyd

Hi,

Has anbody found a solution to this? I too can only add Date values.

Not being able to add the Time component seems like a fundamental issue for a service promoted for real-time dashboarding....

Regards

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@savanth, to add rows to a dataset in your dashboard, you need to work with the Add Rows function. Rows added to the dataset actually is a collection of Column names and values. As you figured out, the Datetime time value is added as a String type:

{"rows":
    [
        {"ProductID":1,"Name":"Adjustable Race","Category":"Components","IsCompete":true,"ManufacturedOn":"07/30/2014"},
        {"ProductID":2,"Name":"LL Crankarm","Category":"Components","IsCompete":true,"ManufacturedOn":"07/30/2014"},
        {"ProductID":3,"Name":"HL Mountain Frame - Silver","Category":"Bikes","IsCompete":true,"ManufacturedOn":"07/30/2014"}
    ]
}

I can't figure out you one way how to insert a Datetime type value directly. Like when you insert a datetime type value manually in SQL, the datetime type value is surrounded with single quotation marks (' '), just the same way you're using to insert string type value. Does it make sense?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.