Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Hikmer
Employee
Employee

Date table with duplciate values for each calendar type

I am working with a pre-existing DIM CALENDAR that has duplicate values for dates (Calendar, Fiscal and Merch).  How can I best deal with this in a Tabular model where the Date field needs to be unique for date table calculations?  I'm starting by making a calculated table that is filtered by calendar type but now I realize this will not work effectively for measures that require a calculation for all calendar types.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was able to get some feedback on a DAX forum as the solution was to add columns with the Fiscal and Merch groupings instead of having these in separate rows.  There may be a way to get this to work but the level of effort and complexity isn't worth it at this moment.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Is this import or live? If import, just bring the table in and remove duplicates in Power Query.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Live connection to a Tabular Model, this is more a DAX question than PowerBI.   Also, the complexity of having duplicate values in the date table would still apply to an imported model.   I want to keep the duplicates and filter on the calendar type.

Hi @Hikmer,

Live connection to a Tabular Model, this is more a DAX question than PowerBI.   Also, the complexity of having duplicate values in the date table would still apply to an imported model.   I want to keep the duplicates and filter on the calendar type.

Could you post your table structures with some sample data and your expected result, so that we can better assist on this issue? Smiley Happy

Regards

I was able to get some feedback on a DAX forum as the solution was to add columns with the Fiscal and Merch groupings instead of having these in separate rows.  There may be a way to get this to work but the level of effort and complexity isn't worth it at this moment.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.