Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dhannaa
Helper IV
Helper IV

Date table - relationship

Hi all, 

I have been trying to learn basics and now I am stuck with date table. Can someone tell me, what seems to be the problem? 🙂 

This is what I want

Sieppaa.PNG

This is what I get with date table.  YTD values don't seem to work.

Sieppaa2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @dhannaa,

Which kind of Power BI desktop version did you run? Please try to run the latest version 2.48.4792.721 64-bit (July 2017). If the issue still persists, please share pbix file with us.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dhannaa,

How did you create the relationship between those two tables? Based on Date columns? If it is, please check if the Data Type for the Data column is set as Date type.

q1.PNG

If issue persists, please share .pbix file with dummy data for us to analyze.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for help!  The problem is that I cannot recreate the error, my new file with similar settings works like charm. It seems that previous file didn't see my dates as a date field although the data type was set on "date".

I'll get back to this if I get same error again!

Hi @dhannaa,

Which kind of Power BI desktop version did you run? Please try to run the latest version 2.48.4792.721 64-bit (July 2017). If the issue still persists, please share pbix file with us.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

This might be the answer - maybe I created the first file using an old version of Power BI. And now that it is updated I don't get the same error anymore. Great ! 🙂 

Hi @dhannaa,

It seems we find where the issue is and the solution. Personally think we can close this thread now. If you agree with me, would you please mark a helpful reply as an answer?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Yes of course, I’ll do that ! Smiley Happy

Hi @dhannaa,

Thank you. Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

chethan
Resolver III
Resolver III

switch the values correctly 

dhannaa
Helper IV
Helper IV

I kind of figured out the solution myself - i added the column "date" again to the date table. 

date.PNG

And now there is no problem anymore.   I still can't figure out, what is the problem with the first column.. any ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.