Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date table join error during refresh: The key didn't match any rows in the table

I've added a new table to my datamodel which links to a simple excel file that lists dates from 2/1/20 to 7/1/20 and another column with data. I've joined this table to my date table in my data model. When I click on refresh in PowerBI desk top I get a refresh error that the load was cancelled because of an error in the table that I added. The error I get is "The key didn't match any rows int he table."

My date table goes from 1/1/20 thru 1/1/2030...do both tables need to have the same date range? I feel like it might be a join error but I'm not sure? See two screen shots below.

date error.pngrelationships.png 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

From date to table make it many to one and try load again.  or try once by disconnecting the join and once data is loaded join again. It should take correct join

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Abduvali
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hi @Anonymous,

Not sure about your dates format in SIOP table =o?

SIOP date format is dispalys 05/01/20? and Dates table has it as 01/01/2000

Just make sure your dates are in identical format and then join, it should work as guys mentioned already.

Regards

Abduvali

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

From date to table make it many to one and try load again.  or try once by disconnecting the join and once data is loaded join again. It should take correct join

Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleting the table and readding it did the trick, thanks for the suggestion!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

In your first picture it shows 1:1 so yes, those all need to match I believe. So make it 1 to many or many to 1?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.