Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bruppert
Frequent Visitor

Date slicers for previous and current year

Hello,

I have a report where I have a control page with about 15 slicers that affect 40+ pages. Each page has a chart with data for this year (previous 365 days) and the year before that. I have a slicer on the control page that can filter for this current year or the year before. What would be the best way to have this slicer filter one chart for the current year and the other chart for the past year? Do I need two of the same slicers?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @bruppert 

DO you have a calendar / date table ?

What is the business rule for defining current year or previous year ?

Is the definition based on the current date or on the last date in the fact table ?

It will be good if you can post some data and the output expected in OneDrive / Google Drive and share the link here to formulate a solution?

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Yes, my date table is in format mm/dd//yyyy. There is a slicer the uses this table to filter the data. The slicer looks like this. It is a drop down menu with an option to click one or multiple years.

Prior year (4/22/2016 - 4/21/2017)

Prior year (4/22/2017 - 4/22/2018)

Current Year

Next year (4/22/2019 - 4/21/2020)

Some pages in my report have a chart that are filtered for current year, and the same chart that is filtered for the most recent prior year. Wondering the best way to go about this.

manalla
Helper V
Helper V

Hi,

Totally upto you, if you want to show two charts (one for current year and another for previous year) in all the pages (i.e two charts in all the pages). In this case you can get rid of date filter in your control page.

Still users will be able to handle the date drilldown at each chart level in filters pane. If you give two charts in each page, users can even compare any numbers they want to.

Thanks

Manoj

Anonymous
Not applicable

please help me .how to resolve this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.