Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

markus_aalto
Frequent Visitor

Date slicer - relative weeks showing Sunday to Saturday weeks

Hi!

I'm using the normal slicer and set it to use relative and when I chose to show "Last 1 Weeks (Calendar)" it gives me 18/06/2017 - 24/06/2017 which is Sunday to Saturday. I'd like it to show 19/06/2017 - 25/06/2017 (Mon - Sun). Is this a setting somewhere in the slicers itself or does it pick it up from a date setting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @markus_aalto,

By default, the relative date slicer set Sunday as the first day of week. Currently, there is no possible way to change this default setting. You could submit this feature request at below link:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas?query=multiple%20values%20into%20line%20chart

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
RichHead1821
Resolver I
Resolver I

I created a measure to define currentWeek (true or false) making use of WEEKNUM with the parameter 2.

karo
Post Patron
Post Patron

Still the same problem 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am very surprised that this is still not implemented. How should I allow my customers look for the last 1/2/3/4/whatever calendar weeks that always start on Monday and not Sunday??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Markus,

I had same issue, and was related with Power BI workspace language settings because ‘English’ means ‘English US’. Power BI workspace has no ‘English UK’ language available.

Nevertheless, there is a work around which consists in:

1. Select Language as ‘Default (browser language)’
  2. Select as your browser language ‘English UK’
  3. Relaunch browser

After this my weeks started with Monday in my reports

Fishtron
Advocate I
Advocate I

I solved that for my report.

Make a new column "Date - 1" = Date[Date] -1

use it as filtr = is in the last 1 claendar weeks 

but in visual use standard date

I hope it will help you.

Sure you can do that for a static report but for something interactive this would be super confusing

j_w
Helper IV
Helper IV

Please vote this idea

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @markus_aalto,

By default, the relative date slicer set Sunday as the first day of week. Currently, there is no possible way to change this default setting. You could submit this feature request at below link:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas?query=multiple%20values%20into%20line%20chart

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Should we now could change the date from monday to sunday?

Now that is sad, function like that should be standard Smiley Frustrated

bomman
Frequent Visitor

Hello @markus_aalto,

You can try with changing the Regional Settings. My Locale is Bulgarian and the week starts from Monday to Sunday.

Go to: File -> Options and settings -> Regional Settings

Regards,

Todor

I tried changing it but didn't make a difference. The slicer is using a table that is created with calendarauto...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.