Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

michelp
Frequent Visitor

Date slicer preset

Hi,

I have a slicer in my report that is used to conveniently filter the data in my report. However, I want to add some presets:

- This month

- Last month

- This year

- Last year

etc

Is this possible in some way?

9Vq4mdu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@michelp ,

Change your date slicer Range format to Relative and change the drop down for Last 1 year,Month etc.

Don't forget to hit Thumbs up and accept this as a solution if you find it helpful! 

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Nayan_surya
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Tahreem24 ,

If you want to avoid using Dax and still want to add these presets to your date slicer, I believe custom visuals are a way to go. I've recently come across a visual named Date Picker By Powerviz. It has all the presets you're looking for all it needs is the date from your data rest it calculates by itself.

Nayan_surya_0-1702625494209.png

Here is a link if you want to check this visual - https://shorturl.at/pAM18 (I believe they offer a free version too)

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@michelp ,

Change your date slicer Range format to Relative and change the drop down for Last 1 year,Month etc.

Don't forget to hit Thumbs up and accept this as a solution if you find it helpful! 

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Thanks!

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@michelp 

Refer below screen shot.

Capture.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.