cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldhasbeen Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Date slicer not showing as slider

Hi

I've moved a Date field to the a slicer in Power BI Desktop, but it doesn't implement it as as slider, but as a list of check boxes - see below.

Any ideas?

Date Slide PBIDT.PNGPBIDTS2.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
cstaulbee Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Date slicer not showing as slider

@oldhasbeen 

It looks like your date column isn't in date format. To change it you can either edit the query and change it to a date type or use the modeling tab at the top of the page to change it to date. 

Typically date columns have a mini calendar icon in the fields pane that let you know that it's a date type. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

@oldhasbeen ,

Glad to hear that. You may help accept the solution above. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
cstaulbee Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@oldhasbeen 

It looks like your date column isn't in date format. To change it you can either edit the query and change it to a date type or use the modeling tab at the top of the page to change it to date. 

Typically date columns have a mini calendar icon in the fields pane that let you know that it's a date type. 

Highlighted
oldhasbeen Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

You are correct - my "Date" column looked like dates but was in fact "Text" format (Why didn't I think of that?) .

Changing it to Date format  resolved the issue

Thanks! Man Happy

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

@oldhasbeen ,

Glad to hear that. You may help accept the solution above. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.