Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

m_roussakis
Helper III
Helper III

Date slicer issue - future dates greyed out, etc

I have a weird one. I have created several dashboard with widespread usage in my company. Today I had some complaints that people were unable to select their desired date ranges on the date slicer. What they noticed is that If they select a past date range, and then attempt to re-select a date range up to latest date's data (9th feb), the latest date is no longer selectable. 

Proper behavior. The 9th (latest day of data) is selectable. Also I see that today's date of the 10th is in yellow text.  And future dates are selectable.Proper behavior. The 9th (latest day of data) is selectable. Also I see that today's date of the 10th is in yellow text. And future dates are selectable.Incorrect behavior. Only up to the 8th is available , but there is data up to the 9th. Also today's date of the 10th is not in yellow text, and future dates are greyed out.Incorrect behavior. Only up to the 8th is available , but there is data up to the 9th. Also today's date of the 10th is not in yellow text, and future dates are greyed out.

I thought that maybe switching some users to Admin priviledges may solve the issue (or at least give a clue to the problem). Nope. Made no difference. I seem to be the only one whose calendar slicer seems to still be working properly. These calendars had been working fine for a year up until this AM.

28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , with the Dates = CALENDAR(min(DeliveryDate), NOW() + 10) function, timestamp other 12:00AM is missed out. By default date maps only to dates with 12:00AM and not any other entries. how do i solve date&time to display and map all the entries. Below is the screenshot for reference. Thanks in advance.

sizi_0-1655873995626.png

m_roussakis
Helper III
Helper III

I'm having this issue again. The weird thing is that on my desktop version, my calendar loads fine, all the way up until yesterday. However on the published version I can't select any dates in May 2022. 

MikkelK
Frequent Visitor

We have exactly the same problem now, both with the desktop environment as well as Power BI Service.

I just had this problem re-occur today. 

How I "fixed" it:

Delete date slixer and replace from scratch. Refresh and publish. Then it works again and I can select dates up until yesterday. 

Hi m_roussakis,

Thanks for your reply.
I have no problem finding a temporary solution as in my case I can just add an extra date table and make a relation to it.
But the current solution has just worked for several years where it has been possible to set the to-date on the slicer to a future date and it no longer works.

It would just be nice to know if it was an intentional change or if we can expect it corrected.

tysonbf
Regular Visitor

Having the same issue in both the desktop environment as well as Power BI Service. Anyone found a solution?

I have not found a solution, someone did suggest reverting back to the November 2021 version and it worked for them.  I I like using the latest version of PBI, so I am hesitant of using older versions and losing some of the features in the latest versions. 

robsurr
Frequent Visitor

Had same issue.
Workaround:  Create a Date Table and link it to the table you were using before.  Then use new date table column in your slicer.
Example of my workaround: 

Dates = CALENDAR(min(DeliveryDate), NOW() + 10)

Hi robsurr,

I was able to fix this by downloading the PowerBI November 2021 version. There is something in the newest update that broke the Date Slicer. When I went back to the November 2021 version, everything went back to working as normal.

mgradijan
Resolver I
Resolver I

We are also seeing this on existing reports where the date slicer no longer allows you to choose a date in the future, only todays date and prior. 

The suggestions of going to last month then re-entering this month does not fix this issue.

Manually typing a date does not work as it defaults back to todays date. 

Niether desktop or Service will allow dates in the future to be chosen.

No changes to any reports, they have just stopped allowing 

SahilSreedharan

Hi  @m_roussakis  I have posted on this in LinkedIn you mat get a Temporary solution.Thanks.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/sahil-sreedharan_powerbi-dataanalytics-powerbi-activity-6917446527120...

yoismelp
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

This just happened to me. After digging into it. The model had a Bi-Directional Filter join from the date table to another table to which we had not loaded data for this year. Updating the join to single direction did the trick. I do want to mention that this was not an issue before so something might have been updated in the service unless another developer from the team had changed link. Hope this helps others.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had this same issue with a coworker's report. We were able to refresh the dates on the calendar by selecting the previous month and then going back to current month. It would then show yesterday's date full black and allow the selection.
Hope this helps until it is patched

kashmore

Mine also had this issue! I unstalled Power BI and then re-installed the December 2021 version. Everything went back to normal with that version. There is definitely something glitchy with the February 2022 update.

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @m_roussakis ,

Does the issue still exist on your side ? 

Best regards,

Eyelyn Qin

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wrv505 ,

Glad to know that! Could you please Accept it as the solution to make the thread closed?Thanks in advance😀

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

Sorry, I'm not OP therefore cannot accept the solution on their behalf

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @m_roussakis ,

Any updates?

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

Well here we are, on May 19th 2022 and the problem has popped up again on one of my long standing dashboards. I can't get it to work at all. 

Any updates. Mine is doing the same thing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.