Did you mean: 
Delphia
Helper III
Helper III

Date slicer inactive relationship

Hi, 

I have a DimDate table (calendar) and FactAggInvoice table with two dates:

1. Invoice Date (active relationship) 

2. Date_Period_Start (inactive relationship)

Delphia_0-1638280143052.png

I want to create two slicers:

1. To filter FactAggInvoice by Invoice Date

2. To filter FactAggInvoice by Date_Period_Start

I assume that bookmarks should be used in this case to avoid the influence of both slicers on the matrix at the same time. 

What is the way to activate this inactive relationship between FactAggInvoice and DimDate table in the slicer. 

I would appreciate all your suggestions.

Have a great day!

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Delphia , if you want to filter the same period for both dates, Userelationship in measure can help and you can use the filter from date table.

example  Userelationship -https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend/ba-p/882970

If you need the filter on the different periods you case those dates as filters or have two date tables, one for each

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! !!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! Connect on Linkedin
Want To Learn Power BI
Learn Power BI Beginners !! Advance Power BI Concepts !! Power BI For Tableau User !! Learn Power BI in Hindi !!
Proud to be a Super User!
!! Subscribe to my youtube Channel !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!