Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

denpries
Resolver I
Resolver I

Date slicer formatting different in service and powerbi desktop

See below images. All of a sudden a calendar icon was added next to the input fields, therefore no longer fitting the given space.

Online in the service this is not visible...

denpries_0-1648020641683.png

In desktop

denpries_1-1648020641686.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @denpries ,

Some users have recently encountered this situation, and according to their feedback, it seems everyone who experienced this issue had it dissappear as randomly as it appeared.

Please see the similar thread: Date Slicer suddenly showing a calendar icon in Service but not Desktop 

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
M_BODNER
Frequent Visitor

Same issue. Suddenly calendar icons are showing up in slicers (desktop) and only solution is to make the visual larger - which is not a solution. 

PBICalendarIcon.PNG

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @denpries ,

Some users have recently encountered this situation, and according to their feedback, it seems everyone who experienced this issue had it dissappear as randomly as it appeared.

Please see the similar thread: Date Slicer suddenly showing a calendar icon in Service but not Desktop 

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

All of a sudden the issue disappeared with me as of today as well. On all my systems.

M-M-P
Helper III
Helper III

Same problem in our end.

Power BI Desktop slicer.png

truptis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@denpries -> latest version of Microsoft Edge is - 99.0.1150.36 released on 8th March 2022. This is a cache issue. 

Clear your cache, close your browser & then reopen the same link. It will be fixed. 

I hate to say it, but its not a cache issue. Tried it on another computer that has not been on Power BI website ever. Same issue. Downloaded latest version of chrome > same issue

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@denpries , Clear cache of the browser , refresh and check.

Or Republish ->Clear cache of the browser, refresh and check.

Hope your are using latest version of Chrome, Firefox of Edge

Both methods did not work.

Using latest  99.0.1150.46 edge

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.