Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date slicer default back from DropDown(single select) to Slider format

Hi In my report, I have a sync date slicer <dropdown with single select> across 21 pages. I notice the aL the synced slicers default back to Slider format without me changing. How do I prevent this from occuring?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I worked out why. I use Bookmark to navigate between the report. In one of the page the bookmark, I had the Data TICKED! which cause the visual to revert to SLIDER.. I untick DATA in the bookmark AFTER changing to drop down visual.. SOLVED

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I worked out why. I use Bookmark to navigate between the report. In one of the page the bookmark, I had the Data TICKED! which cause the visual to revert to SLIDER.. I untick DATA in the bookmark AFTER changing to drop down visual.. SOLVED

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I understand what you mean, you mean that when you select the sync button of the sync slicer, your slicer styles will also be synced together. This is how it is designed. Sync slicer is to synchronize the filter results and the slicer style together.

2.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

the help I am seeking... why in my pbix report, keep all my SYNCED SLICERS kept reverting to slider view (even though I select drop down

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry, still not very clear. What does Slider format mean?

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

refer the before and after image

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Anonymous
Not applicable

beforebefore30secs later30secs later

Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture.JPG  top visual - slider view , bottonm is drop down view

Anonymous
Not applicable

No..

Let me explain from start

The pbix has 20 pages.. and I suynced the slicer across all of them

The slicer was designed as a DROP DOWN SINGLE SELECT

Then The SLICER CHANGED BY ITSELF TO A SLIDER TYPE

Isnt it odd the SLICER will change from Drop down to Slide without me changing it?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Are you sure that the 20-page slicers are all DROP DOWN styles? If one of these 20 pages is SLIDER style or is changed to SLIDER style, then the other 19 page slicers will become SLIDER style. This is how the synchronous slicer works.

Is it the following situation?

Animation.gif

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.