Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sab2000

Date slicer and data filtering issue

Hi

I am new to Power BI and desparately need some help please.

I have 2 tables DateTable and Invoice data table (Jan2020). There is a link between DateTable and Jan2020 (invoice details) table (Date as the Key).

If I set the date slicer based on the dateTable's date field I get a different result for the Invoice totals (2.48M). And, if I change that to the date field from the Jan2020 table, then the correct invoice total (5.54) is shown. Not sure why like that.

I have attached both the pbix files and the excel file as well. -  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtH8_xtZzGbXajif1stJLLvoVZU?e=bqcV8I

Can someone please have a look and let me know what I am doing wrong here. Really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Sab2000 , your date has timestamp. I create a new date and joined with it. Please find the attached file.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Sab2000 , your date has timestamp. I create a new date and joined with it. Please find the attached file.

Thanks a lot. When i was distracted with the view when you click on the table that shows the date value as as xx/xx/xxxx 12:00:00AM.

Thanks again

Sam

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.