Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adityavighne
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Date relationship not showing data

Hi,

I have relationship between calendat date and another table created on date. but output is showing blank data.

date range - 1 jan 2020 - till date

format of date - mm/dd/yyyy

1.PNG2.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Please make sure both columns are type Date in the query editor (one might be DateTime).

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@adityavighne ,

First make sure that both these Date columns are in same format.

And, try to take both these Date columns in Same Table visual and see what will you get.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
teamanalytics
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue. My source date from sql is date time (direct query so I cant change it) however I changed it in the calendar to date time but it pulls the data to a specific date and after that its blank

ilton
Helper I
Helper I

Hi! @adityavighne 

Make sure the related column are in the same format and make sure the relationship cross filter direction is single, otherwise any filter applied to the 3 2020 table will affect the calendar table

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@adityavighne ,

First make sure that both these Date columns are in same format.

And, try to take both these Date columns in Same Table visual and see what will you get.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Please make sure both columns are type Date in the query editor (one might be DateTime).

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors