Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

patolattari
Regular Visitor

Date problem

Hi guys, i'm kind of new with PBI and i need some help, importing from sharepoint, there's one column with dates, and even though it's OK on the source, (checked), PBI takes and shows it as the day before, Nov 29th instead of 30th. I tried changing the region but the error remains...

Any idea of what yould I do? if i can't fix it, hoy could I create a new column with the previous column date plus one day?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Press new column, enter the existing column's name, type in +1...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

For the second question, having a calculated column reference the existing date column and adding 1 should be straightforward. Not sure why the first one would crop up - possibly it's some sort of time zone issue where it's interpreting the date as datetime and then shifting the time zone to UTC or something which affects the date as a result?

Thanks for your response, could you tell me how to create that column?

Press new column, enter the existing column's name, type in +1...

as simple as that.

lolo thanks a lot!

patolattari
Regular Visitor

Hi guys, i'm kind of new with PBI and i need some help, importing from sharepoint, there's one column with dates, and even though it's OK on the source, (checked), PBI takes and shows it as the day before, Nov 29th instead of 30th. I tried changing the region but the error remains...

Any idea of what yould I do? if i can't fix it, hoy could I create a new column with the previous column date plus one day?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.