Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

NewbieJono
Post Patron
Post Patron

Date not Filtering

i have a load of data but most of the time i only import 1 or two days.

i have a data table but my filter for days shows all days, even tho there is only data for thursday. i thought the day filter would only show Thursday as a possible selection

Screenshot 2022-01-26 171234.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
NewbieJono
Post Patron
Post Patron

There is only data for Thrusday in the data, not sure why the the filter would show all dates as selectable 

Hi @NewbieJono ,

How many tables are in your model? The two slicers in the screenshot (Date slicer and DayName slicer) come from which table and which field? If you have only one fact table in your model and both slicers come from fields in this fact table, also if the fact table only has data for Thursday, then the slicer may only show the Thursday option and no other option. Otherwise, the slicer options are displayed depending on the data in the table, the relationship between the tables, and the selection of the fields used as slicer options. 

yingyinr_0-1643684681222.png

Could you please provide some sample data from the involved tables(exclude sensitive data) in order to make troubleshooting? It would be better if you can share a simplified pbix file without any sensitive info. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@NewbieJono , Not very clear. If date is selected from the same table or joined table (based on filter direction) then it should filter day

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.