Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DvdGz

Date language

Dear forum

I have a PowerBI report created with a desktop version with the application in one language (Spanish for example) and all the dates are in this language, for example the Months. Now we need to show the report in another language (English) and we are not able to change the language of the months. We have changed the desktop version to the right language without results and we don't want to create again the report.

The data source is allways in numeric format the problem is with the translation to months, like September, August, etc..

We think the problem is related with the temporary tables created by Power BI in the first version, Options -> Data Load -> Auto Date/Time.

Any Idea??

Thanks.

David

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisMendoza
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

hello @DvdGz

Doing a search, it looks like there is no built in solution to help you out without downloading a locale for English. Possibly a SWITCH( ) will work for you?

SWITCH Month Name to Spanish = SWITCH( Table1[Month Name],"January","Enero", "February", "Febrero" ...etc...)

1.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Proud to be a Super User!

DvdGz

Dear forum

I have a PowerBI report created with a desktop version with the application in one language (Spanish for example) and all the dates are in this language, for example the Months. Now we need to show the report in another language (English) and we are not able to change the language of the months. We have changed the desktop version to the right language without results and we don't want to create again the report.

The data source is allways in numeric format the problem is with the translation to months, like September, August, etc..

We think the problem is related with the temporary tables created by Power BI in the first version, Options -> Data Load -> Auto Date/Time.

Any Idea??

Thanks.

David

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.