Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sguenther
Advocate II
Advocate II

Date hierarchy looks horrible on x-axis

Hey guys,

Capture.JPG

after the last update a date axis has a forget date hierarchy implemented. Whenever you drill down it also shows the larger bucket name on the x-axis. So for example in monthly resolution: "2016 Q3 September". But I only want to have it show "September"

On weekly resolution there is another issue. Here it splits weeks, which span over 2 months in two pieces (e.g. Week 31 in 2016 (ISO)). How can I diable it? Or if it's not possible currently, is there a timeline when this will be optional? I want the old behavior back. All my companies reports are broken and people are getting upset.

Thanks and best,

Sebastian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@BhaveshPatel@sguenther I believe they already fixed this. Please get the latest Desktop and reference the new functionality to go between old behavior and new here.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi There,

You can disable it by following the below step. click Date and not Date Hierarchy. To achieve your desire result, you can manually create hierarchy as per your needs.

s2.PNG

Thanks & Regards,

Bhavesh

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Hi @BhaveshPatel

This unfortunately only works if you only have one element in the axis field. As soon as you put two elements in there it automatically creates a hierarchy. And I definitely want to keep the drill up/down functionality, just without the interdenpendency of a hierarchy. Just like it was before.

Then you need to roll back your powerBI Installed Version. 

Microsoft has considered the idea of selecting the Hierarchy Switching on/off button for the future releases.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhavesh

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Thanks @BhaveshPatel

Do you have a reference to where they announced that they are considering this option?

Please see this post

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/6709505-analysis-by-date-time-vie...

Thanks & Regards,

Bhavesh

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

@BhaveshPatel@sguenther I believe they already fixed this. Please get the latest Desktop and reference the new functionality to go between old behavior and new here.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thank you @Seth_C_Bauer and @BhaveshPatel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.