Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AGo
Post Patron
Post Patron

Date hierarchy in KPI visual contains year only

Date hierarchy in KPI visual contains year only, why? I filtered the page with year=2016, have several value data on the first three months and I'd like to have the KPI visual showing his status month by month.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@AGo@bspillar

Date Hierarchies aren't supported in KPI and Slicer visuals. So only the top most item is shown (year in your cases). However, if you want to filter by other levels of the hierarchy, say Quarter, you can first drag the field out to create a line chart, and delete the year level in the fields list, then convert that visual into a KPI/slicer.

slicerWorkaround.PNG

Meanwhile we are working to bring hierarchy support to these visuals

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
bspillar
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am having this issue as well. I am selecting a date field in a slicer visual and when I select date hierarchy I only show year as an option. Previously I had done the same thing and would show other date parts, such as month, quarter, etc. I am using the latest PBI version. In addition, the date hierarchy comes up as expected when I use a bar chart.. just not for the slicer.

It's because a slicer does not support drill down.
Connect with me in LinkedIn: https://pr.linkedin.com/in/adolfosocorro
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AdolfoSocorro

@AGo@bspillar

Date Hierarchies aren't supported in KPI and Slicer visuals. So only the top most item is shown (year in your cases). However, if you want to filter by other levels of the hierarchy, say Quarter, you can first drag the field out to create a line chart, and delete the year level in the fields list, then convert that visual into a KPI/slicer.

slicerWorkaround.PNG

Meanwhile we are working to bring hierarchy support to these visuals

This solution doesn't work anymore, probably patched.

It continues to only show the year when you put a date in the slicer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @AGo

According to what I've understood, you want to have a KPI showing the status of your KPI with a date dimension.

Try this visual, it may help you.

On the other hand, if you want to see the status and not the tendance on a time line, I'm afraid you'll have to get a KPI visual showing the data, use the page filter for year, and getting a slicer with your month.

Hope it helps

Sébastien

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.