Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date hierachy and month names

Hi

When I use a date as a hierachy, my month names are in english (right on picture), but when I use the same field "flat" (left) they are in my regional language.

It's like it ignores regional settings? In options, my regional setting is correct - also, it works on the flat dates.

Thanks in advance

datoer.png

2 REPLIES 2
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi BoRaun,

Could you please tell us which language does it display after you importing the date? Please check it in Data tab.

11111.png

If you import date after changing the regional setting, it will set the date format to the language you set, besides, please check what's data type of the date column.

>>When I use a date as a hierachy, my month names are in english

This is because the model language is English, the language Power BI Desktop uses when creating hidden date tables from date fields

Best Regards,

Teige

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi TeigeGao

Thanks for Your reply.

The date is from a date dimension created with CALENDAR, in data tab the date is in danish (as desired). The data type is date. The dates used in parameters for the calendar function, are danish.

>This is because the model language is English, the language Power BI Desktop uses when creating hidden date tables from date fields

Sorry, I don't fully understand You - I use the danish Desktop version, and in PBI portal my language is also danish.

Thanks

Bo

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.