Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dilantha
Post Patron
Post Patron

Date format issue in date slicer

Hi,

I have setup pbix file in remote desktop.
In remote and local desktop I changed reigon and date time format to UK time.
In remote pbix file we can see the changes, but in published version we can not see date time changes in date slicer.
How to fix this?
thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Dilantha you have to check the regional settings for the browser, depending on which browser you are using.

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Dilantha 

The data in PBI looks right although your slicer is only showing dates up to Jan 26 2021 even though your calendar goes to Dec 31 2025, so you have some restrictions on that slicer?

Have you checked the sample report I published?  How does the date format appear to you?

Can you publish a sample report with your date column so I can check it?

regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi, 
The data in PBI looks right although your slicer is only showing dates up to Jan 26 2021 even though your calendar goes to Dec 31 2025, so you have some restrictions on that slicer?

I only needed to displaybetween started date and current date
And used this filter

ss.PNG

It worked before when change reigonal settings. 

In your example date format is mm/dd/year.

Hi @Dilantha 

Try entering a custom format string for the date column and then republishing the report.  Your screenshot shows that you have chosen one fo the default formats, thatshoudl still work but maybe there's something buggy going on.

In the data view type over the Format with dd/mm/yy and hit enter, then republish the report and check.

regards

Phil

Hi @Dilantha 

Yep that's fine with your slicer, I figured you'd done something like that, just wanted to check.

As you can see my report in mm/dd/y format this shows that your PC's local regional settings don't affect it.

I'm stumped.  The report should display according to the format string for the Date column. Without access to your PBIX I can't think of anything else.

regards

Phil

About that I already changed reigonal settings to UK format. But your previous details show as mm/dd/yyyy format. Still couldnt figure out that. 
Thanks for your response

parry2k
Super User
Super User

https://help.gofmx.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001796651-Changing-Date-Format-to-dd-mm-yy

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Hi @parry2k 

Making the changes in my Chrome as directed by that site has no effect on my published report.  I see the date format as mm/dd/yy whether I have English (United States) or English (Australia) set as the language that Chrome uses.

I suspect the directions on that FMX site are there because the FMX system interrogates the browser for the language setting and adjusts the date display accordingly for FMX users only.

Regards

Phil

Unfortunately it didnt work

PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Dilantha 

Have you refreshed the dataset after making changes?

As far as I know browsers don't have regional settings, they take their region settings from the computer they run on.

The date in your slicer will be displayed in the format set within PBI on that date column so the region settings of the PC you are looking at the report on won't matter.

For example, this dummy report I created has the date format set to mm/dd/yy

date-form.png

and even though my PC uses dd/mm/yy as default for my region I see the dates in the slicer as mm/dd/yy

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMGVlYWNmYzgtMTVjYS00YTc5LWE3OTAtNzI3NGNkOGQ5MGZlIiwidCI6ImVkM...

Regards

Phil

Its working on local file, but didnt work after publish

Hi @Dilantha 

What format string is the date column used in the slicer using?

Can you share your PBIX file?

Regards

Phil

@PhilipTreacy  - I can not share pbix file at the moment, I will attach some screenshots

Dilantha_0-1611641863336.png

Dilantha_1-1611641889776.png

Dilantha_3-1611641925983.png

Dilantha_4-1611642043729.png

Dilantha_5-1611642073362.png

Its already change in locally. I can not see changes from web after publish

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Dilantha you have to check the regional settings for the browser, depending on which browser you are using.

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

It worked after changing language from browser. 
And you have to move up the language.

Dilantha_0-1611891879765.png

thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.