Did you mean: 
MyraMa Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Date format changing desktop to web

Thank you. It fixed the problem!

woodwind3442 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for this - I only just noticed this formatting issue and you already had a solution for me.  Cheers!

marcinsondej Visitor
Visitor

Hi what about powerbi embedded how we can make sure what regional settings are being used?  I am dealing with a problem that my computer settings are different to what my customers expect and at the same time, I want to avoid having to change settings in my pc. What happened is that all date pickers in the embedded application were showing my (polish) date formatting I tried to solve it in data model by changing the data type with locale set to danish but it didn't help.  

DN Member

THIS IS ABSURD!!! How can the browser language define the date format being loaded via gateway??? Smiley Mad

My project is pt-BR, DD/MM/YYYY, but I share with a branch in China, thus the Power BI Service must be in English, which is MM/DD/YYYY. I cannot lock my browser and PBI Service in pt-BR, but my data must stay DD/MM/YYYY as it is in my pbix! Smiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Mad

julieTE Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi , I'm sorry I don't find a solution despite any of your messages.

On my Desktop the date format is correct (ddmmyyyy) but on the webservice it becomes mmddyyyy, independantly from my regional settings, language etc.

On my computer regional language is French, on google chrome it is french as well, on PBI webservice it is set as default browser settings.

If I insert the ?language in the url it translates the interface but does not interfere with my date format.