Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aboshabo
Frequent Visitor

Date format Suadi Arabia to United State

I have a column contain data formatted as Saudi Arabia Date format (ex 10/05/1433), I need a column contain the equal date in United State's Date format (ex 08/05/2019).

Thanks for your support!

Best Regards

Mahmoud

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aboshabo ,

It is not supported to change Gregorian date to Hijir date directly. You could change it in Excel, then import file to Power BI. And if the data is from SQL Server, I found a blog you can reference to change it. 

To make Power BI better, you can submit your request at Power BI Ideas and vote it up.

4.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aboshabo ,

Would you mind marking helpful or prefer replies as answers? So that we are able to close the thread.

Welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from here.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aboshabo ,

It is not supported to change Gregorian date to Hijir date directly. You could change it in Excel, then import file to Power BI. And if the data is from SQL Server, I found a blog you can reference to change it. 

To make Power BI better, you can submit your request at Power BI Ideas and vote it up.

4.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @aboshabo 

You should format the date from the modeling menu.

2019-08-06 09_04_59-papercut - Remote Desktop Connection.png

Cheers!
A

Hi @Anonymous 

I found an Excel file shows the resutlt I am looking for.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bp9rfx56x43s2zq/HijriDates.xlsx?dl=0

Maybe this question more clear " How to convert Hijri dates to Gregorian date?"

Thanks for your support!

Best Regards

Mahmoud

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @aboshabo 

I couldn't find the math for this kind of date.

I suggest you'll create a reference table of dates and then use a lookupvalue function.

Cheers!
A

Hi @Anonymous ,

thanks for your suggestion,
The solution you suggested is a format for date in different views, but my question was kind of converting the date to different location.

Attached an example.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xgm9yloe6wy8dnp/Date%20Test.pbix?dl=0

Best Regards

Mahmoud

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.