Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

testtestington

Date filters with simple measures

I am a new user to PowerBI and I'm having trouble determining how I should be applying date filters. 

I have a table of ticket data where the status of tickets are recorded, including fields such as the status of the ticket and the close time. 

My measures include counting the number of tickets submitted, completed etc. I would also like to include a visualisation of tickets completed by type and user. Example:

view.png

My issues are the following:

1. How do I utilise Calendar by Tallan such it displays the current month in days and allow me to navigate to previous months/years?
2. How do I link the Calendar such that when a date is selected, a date filter is applied bespoke to all measures on the page? For example, if I select 10 Jan 19 in the Calendar, the number of closed tickets shown are those with a closetime value of 10 Jan 19. For open tickets, those shown are those with a logtime value of 10 Jan 19. 

3. I would also like to create a line graph of total tickets (not shown in the image). How do I apply date dimensions such that the data points are on a per day basis, but the axis lables cover the relevant months only (May 18, Jun 18, Jul 18 etc.)? Additionally, I would like these data points to ignore weekend and defined holiday dates. 

Thank you in advance

**EDIT** additional point regarding point 3

2 REPLIES 2
adambhappy
Resolver II
Resolver II

Can you share the data structure? I.e. the tables within the PBIX and the relationships you have currently applied.

I only have one table, similar to the following:

table.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.