Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Date filters (I have no records on the filtered date but I want to show a field)

Spoiler

Good morning, my name is Adrian.

It turns out that I have a commercial report, in which we show data such as family, tax bases, budgets, forecast ...

Between the Invoices table and the Budget table(Budget and Forecast) I have a Calendar table and a Client table (Distinct(Budgets[ClientName]) to make the union between the two.

ablaya_0-1658923685666.png

So far so good (or so I think)

Returning to the topic of Forecast(FC), the problem comes when you filter a customer for a year in which there is no invoice record.

It is assumed that the FC is an annual prediction, which does not influence whether there is an invoice or not, but the calendar is linked by NumMes, and on the other hand by the name of the client as I said before.

Obviously if I don't have any records in the year of the filter, it's not going to return any data to me.

What I need is that if the FC is shown since it is annual prediction. Although I do not get either B.imponible, or any type of data from the invoice, I need to show the FC, I do not want that field in the graphs to also be empty, and I have no idea what I can do.

I appreciate the help and I'm sorry if I've explained myself badly, I'm starting with this.

Greetings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly. I create the following sample data.

Invoices:

vkkfmsft_0-1659331335988.png

Forecast:                                                                CLIENTS:

vkkfmsft_1-1659331361424.png                      vkkfmsft_2-1659331393605.png

vkkfmsft_3-1659331455888.png

If the date and client fields in my visual are from the CALENDAR table and the CLIENTS table respectively, then it will display the budget value for the rows that have no invoice records.

vkkfmsft_4-1659331528803.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly. I create the following sample data.

Invoices:

vkkfmsft_0-1659331335988.png

Forecast:                                                                CLIENTS:

vkkfmsft_1-1659331361424.png                      vkkfmsft_2-1659331393605.png

vkkfmsft_3-1659331455888.png

If the date and client fields in my visual are from the CALENDAR table and the CLIENTS table respectively, then it will display the budget value for the rows that have no invoice records.

vkkfmsft_4-1659331528803.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can enable the "show items with no data"  setting. You may also need to use a disconnected table and measures if you want to report on items that are not there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.