Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date filter All() Error: "A table of multiple values was supplied where a single value was expected"

Hi,

I have a very simple measure that I've been stuck on.

I want to sum the $ amount of a table based on 3 conditions + remove the date slicer on the report page.

Relationship is the Date Table is linked to a PnL Data table by date.  The Date table has a slicer.

Here's my measure:

CALCULATE(SUM(PnL[$]),

FILTER(PnL,PnL[Type]="Asset" && PnL[Class] <> "Overhead" && PnL[Sold?] = "False" -- These are the 3 conditions I'm filtering for
&& ALL(PnL[Date]))) -- I want to remove the filter from the Date Table slicer

I've tried every combination and placement I can think of to utilize the ALL(), REMOVEFILTERS(), and FILTER(ALL()) functions but the only result I get is either that it doesn't remove the date filter or I get an "A table of multiple values was supplied where a single value was expected." (which is what occurs in the above example)

I think it's something obvious I'm missing but I can't tell what.
Thanks for your help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Pragati11.

I did try a modification of this function with mixed results. When using Filter(ALL(Date), then the only field that can be filtered is date.

Here's what I did, however some of my detail views didn't submit up everything properly at the detail level.

CALCULATE (SUM (PnL [$]),

FILTER (ALL (PnL [Date]),1=1), PnL [Type] = "Asset" && PnL [Class] <> "Overhead" && PnL [Sold?] = "False")
What I ended up doing is in m query created a copy of the data set and grouped the data and removed the dates from that grouped table. This eliminated the problem but it seems like I should have been able to have solved this within DAX.
Thanks for your help

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

I will suggest writing your dax as follows:

CALCULATE(SUM(PnL[$]),

FILTER(ALL(PnL[Date]),PnL[Type]="Asset" && PnL[Class] <> "Overhead" && PnL[Sold?] = "False"))

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Pragati11.

I did try a modification of this function with mixed results. When using Filter(ALL(Date), then the only field that can be filtered is date.

Here's what I did, however some of my detail views didn't submit up everything properly at the detail level.

CALCULATE (SUM (PnL [$]),

FILTER (ALL (PnL [Date]),1=1), PnL [Type] = "Asset" && PnL [Class] <> "Overhead" && PnL [Sold?] = "False")
What I ended up doing is in m query created a copy of the data set and grouped the data and removed the dates from that grouped table. This eliminated the problem but it seems like I should have been able to have solved this within DAX.
Thanks for your help
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Try

CALCULATE (
    SUM ( PnL[$] ),
    FILTER (
        PnL,
        PnL[Type] = "Asset" && PnL[Class] <> "Overhead" && PnL[Sold?] = "False"
    ),
    ALL ( PnL[Date] )
)

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks A|B,

Unfortunately this doesn't work either.  I even simplified the structure by removing the 'date table' and switched the date slicer from the 'date table' to the date field in the PnL data.

This is the result I get when I have ALL(PnL[Date])) - it still filters to only be 12/1/2020 data

luketerry_0-1609777328959.png

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you kindly share the exact syntax of your measure please ; in order to understand the exact error.?

Currently I can't understand it completly as you have split it into two.

Also, try sharing some sample data.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.