Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

saxenaa
Frequent Visitor

Date field looses 'Date hierarchy' when have relationship

Hey Guys,

probably obvious, I have a field 'Created' of type Date in a table, and I have other table created using Dax fuction CALENDAR the field 'MyDate' type is Date as well , now when I create a relationship between 'Created' and 'MyDate'  I loose date hierarchy capabilities on 'Created' field on visualization

However I still get to see date hierarchy  if I use 'MyDate'.

why is it like this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @saxenaa,

It seems to be the default behavior, and I don't think there is an option to change it currently. 

An alternative solution is to create a new calculated column "Created2= 'theTable'[Created]" in your table and then use Created2 column instead to get hierarchy back. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PicPay_Sam

Wow this software is so limited.

hi all,

i have been using data source as cosmosDb in powerbi to create report.Yeaterday i created few reports by using date hierarchy.today i was opening the report my date hierarchy was missing and drilldowns are not working.becuse obviously there is no date hierarchy to work fro drilldown can someone please help me with this.

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @saxenaa,

It seems to be the default behavior, and I don't think there is an option to change it currently. 

An alternative solution is to create a new calculated column "Created2= 'theTable'[Created]" in your table and then use Created2 column instead to get hierarchy back. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.