Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MauriceMecowe
Resolver II
Resolver II

Date field format

Hi,

I have a date field in my import PBI report which comes in as a Datetime from the source. In the report I change it to a date value. 

= Table.TransformColumnTypes(edw_vw_fact_Timeline,{{"AppointmentStartTime", type date}})

Within the Column Tools section, I've selected the field to be of Data Type 'Date' and the Format is dd-mm-yyyy. 

When I put this field in the filter slicer I select that I want to see the StartDateTime field and not the hierarchy. When I select to see the dates in the filter as a list I get the correct format e.a. dd-mm-yyyy.

MauriceMecowe_0-1606754320647.png

However when I make the Date Filter a slicer where the user can choose between 2 dates, it reverts back to mm-dd-yyyy. I have no idea why this behavior keeps popping up, and how to fix it.

MauriceMecowe_1-1606754335411.png

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MauriceMecowe ,

The date format display in the slicer visual decided by the local client Regional settings, you can refer the solution in the following thread:

date format in slicer

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MauriceMecowe
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @amitchandak 

As stated in the question I've already set the Format to date, but for some reason the changes don't stick...

This is what I try to implement:

MauriceMecowe_0-1606764050884.png

Hi @MauriceMecowe ,

The date format display in the slicer visual decided by the local client Regional settings, you can refer the solution in the following thread:

date format in slicer

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@MauriceMecowe , Set the format and column tools and check

Data Format New Rib.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.