Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MauriceMecowe
Resolver II
Resolver II

Date field format

Hi,

I have a date field in my import PBI report which comes in as a Datetime from the source. In the report I change it to a date value. 

= Table.TransformColumnTypes(edw_vw_fact_Timeline,{{"AppointmentStartTime", type date}})

Within the Column Tools section, I've selected the field to be of Data Type 'Date' and the Format is dd-mm-yyyy. 

When I put this field in the filter slicer I select that I want to see the StartDateTime field and not the hierarchy. When I select to see the dates in the filter as a list I get the correct format e.a. dd-mm-yyyy.

MauriceMecowe_0-1606754320647.png

However when I make the Date Filter a slicer where the user can choose between 2 dates, it reverts back to mm-dd-yyyy. I have no idea why this behavior keeps popping up, and how to fix it.

MauriceMecowe_1-1606754335411.png

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MauriceMecowe ,

The date format display in the slicer visual decided by the local client Regional settings, you can refer the solution in the following thread:

date format in slicer

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MauriceMecowe
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @amitchandak 

As stated in the question I've already set the Format to date, but for some reason the changes don't stick...

This is what I try to implement:

MauriceMecowe_0-1606764050884.png

Hi @MauriceMecowe ,

The date format display in the slicer visual decided by the local client Regional settings, you can refer the solution in the following thread:

date format in slicer

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@MauriceMecowe , Set the format and column tools and check

Data Format New Rib.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.