Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AndreaBrunello1
Frequent Visitor

Date error - Desktop to Web change ?!?! HELP

Hi,

I am facing a very weird error in data transmission from desktop to web version.

As in the screenshots, the values of "Shift Date" column change between the two versions, for no reason.

In desktop, the field gets the right value from the database, but once i publish and visualize it web, it changes and it is correct date - 1. in this way, the report totally loose its value.

AndreaBrunello1_0-1624285688989.png  desktop version

AndreaBrunello1_1-1624285710192.png online version

Can anyone help me with that before i go out of mind?

many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AndreaBrunello1 ,

Did the shift date column is a calculated column  created by Date/Time functions like today()? Power BI is a cloud service, and that means Power BI files are hosted somewhere. Some DAX functions such as Date/Time functions work on system date/time on the server their file is hosted on. So If you use DAX functions such as TODAY() or NOW() you will not get your local date/time, You will fetch server’s date/time.  Every Power BI Server (Where the Power BI Service lives) follows UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) for the server time. 

You can follow the steps in https://radacad.com/solving-dax-time-zone-issue-in-power-bi to solve the issue.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AndreaBrunello1 ,

Did the shift date column is a calculated column  created by Date/Time functions like today()? Power BI is a cloud service, and that means Power BI files are hosted somewhere. Some DAX functions such as Date/Time functions work on system date/time on the server their file is hosted on. So If you use DAX functions such as TODAY() or NOW() you will not get your local date/time, You will fetch server’s date/time.  Every Power BI Server (Where the Power BI Service lives) follows UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) for the server time. 

You can follow the steps in https://radacad.com/solving-dax-time-zone-issue-in-power-bi to solve the issue.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @AndreaBrunello1 ,

Are you sure in Power BI service for your report, you have exactly same data that you have in Power BI Desktop?

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Hi @Pragati11  thanks for answering 🙂

Yes they are exactly the same. Only the date gets this strange variation as in the screenshots.

AndreaBrunello1_0-1624294477984.png web

AndreaBrunello1_1-1624294524877.png desktop

do you have any idea what it could be?

Hi @AndreaBrunello1 ,

I couldn't think of anything except there could be different filters selected in Power BI Desktop versus Power BI Service.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.