Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date display format

I am using the same "date" in my 2 visual below, but in the table, it show the long date in table visual but short date in graphs.

The data in the column is in "July 2010" format.

Did i missed out anything?

shortdate.PNGlong.PNGdateformat.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

We can add a calculated column using following measure and keep the x axis of Line chart 

Month = format([Date],"MMM YYYY")

then we can use this calculated column in table visual and archieve your requirement.

17.PNG18.PNG

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mauriciosotero
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,
Are you sure that they are the same column from the same table?
If it is, check if isn't any difference in possible hierarchy with this column.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mauriciosotero 
hi, the hierarchy are the same, & they are the same column from the same table.

The only difference is that they are used in column(table matrix) & axis(line chart).

Any advice?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

In case you have created a Month- Year column Separately. The also create

sort Month = format(date,"YYYYMM")

Mark for month year column mark it as sort column.

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution.
Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak 
Would you mind explaning a bit on how can i make these date the same for both visuals?
yes, i do have a monthsort column created using edit queries. but this wasn't used in the visual.

Thank so much.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Add a new calculated column using format is a solution, but it may not sort as what you want, if you want to show the long month name in Line-Chart and use date Hierarchy as well, you can change the type of X axis to the categorical if it does not affect the way you want to show the data.

4.PNG

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-lid-msft Thanks, i managed to get them displayed as "August 2018" but is there a way to display the short date ie. Aug 2018 instead?

Hi @Anonymous ,

We can add a calculated column using following measure and keep the x axis of Line chart 

Month = format([Date],"MMM YYYY")

then we can use this calculated column in table visual and archieve your requirement.

17.PNG18.PNG

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.