Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andershalvors

Date columns show up as empty in Power BI Web

Hello,

I have a pretty simple data set in a csv-file on a sharepoint site. I've created a few extra columns and measures in Power BI Desktop and published this to Power BI Web in order to create and share dashboards. In my set I have several columns containing dates.

When I create visuals in Power BI Desktop the date columns work perfectly. However, when I publish the set and / or report to Power BI Web all columns with dates show up as blank (returns 1900 as year in hierarchy). I've tried to format columns as text but the same thing happens.

Can enyone help me figure this out?

BR
Anders

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@andershalvors

That sounds really weird and I'm not yet able to reproduce it on my side. Could you share the PBIX for further troubleshooting?

By the way, ensure that all the values in the date columns are valid date.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Do you have an email to which I could send the file I'm having the issue with?

The problem occurs when I refresh a data set from Power BI Web and the data set itself is located in OneDrive for Businerss or a Sharepoint folder.

BR
Anders

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.