Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

robertbu
Frequent Visitor

Date column timeline inconsistent display in Line Chart

Hi experts,

I have learned a bit of Dax and Power Bi over the course of last month and wrote a bunch of aggregations, but stumbled accross something odd that I can't explain and I feel I need some help.

I have two pbix files, created measures are similar in both, one for sales one for purchase.

I need to display a line chart with month/year at the bottom and some aggregated values as lines for each item.

Everything works well up to the point of the dates displayed on the X axis, I use a column in each file and add it on the Axis section of the Line Chart. I also removed the hierarchy and only display the new column.

Here is how the visual looks in file 1, the way I want them to look (month, year): 

File1GraphTimeline.png

This is how it looks in file 2 (it seems it shows a day/month,hour):

File2GraphTimeline.png

Formulas/formatting for both of these are the same, as it is the underlying original field formatting, first file column:

file1Formula_Format.png

second file column:

file2Formula_Format.png

Do I have to format the date in a certain way to force it to be month/year for both of them and what is the best option?

Cheers,

Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
robertbu
Frequent Visitor

Please ignore this one, I think I answered my question while I was writing it, or soon after.

I use: 

cPostingDate = FORMAT('ACPBI_PurchaseRcptLines'[pRcpLine_PostingDate],"MMM YYYY")

Cheers,

Robert

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
robertbu
Frequent Visitor

Please ignore this one, I think I answered my question while I was writing it, or soon after.

I use: 

cPostingDate = FORMAT('ACPBI_PurchaseRcptLines'[pRcpLine_PostingDate],"MMM YYYY")

Cheers,

Robert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.