Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
robertbu
Frequent Visitor

Date column timeline inconsistent display in Line Chart

Hi experts,

I have learned a bit of Dax and Power Bi over the course of last month and wrote a bunch of aggregations, but stumbled accross something odd that I can't explain and I feel I need some help.

I have two pbix files, created measures are similar in both, one for sales one for purchase.

I need to display a line chart with month/year at the bottom and some aggregated values as lines for each item.

Everything works well up to the point of the dates displayed on the X axis, I use a column in each file and add it on the Axis section of the Line Chart. I also removed the hierarchy and only display the new column.

Here is how the visual looks in file 1, the way I want them to look (month, year): 

File1GraphTimeline.png

This is how it looks in file 2 (it seems it shows a day/month,hour):

File2GraphTimeline.png

Formulas/formatting for both of these are the same, as it is the underlying original field formatting, first file column:

file1Formula_Format.png

second file column:

file2Formula_Format.png

Do I have to format the date in a certain way to force it to be month/year for both of them and what is the best option?

Cheers,

Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
robertbu
Frequent Visitor

Re: Date column timeline inconsistent display in Line Chart

Please ignore this one, I think I answered my question while I was writing it, or soon after.

I use: 

cPostingDate = FORMAT('ACPBI_PurchaseRcptLines'[pRcpLine_PostingDate],"MMM YYYY")

Cheers,

Robert

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
robertbu
Frequent Visitor

Re: Date column timeline inconsistent display in Line Chart

Please ignore this one, I think I answered my question while I was writing it, or soon after.

I use: 

cPostingDate = FORMAT('ACPBI_PurchaseRcptLines'[pRcpLine_PostingDate],"MMM YYYY")

Cheers,

Robert

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors