Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vonw13
Frequent Visitor

Date column not modeling correctly

I have a column for invoiced_date that was already transformed to a date type in power query, but is not showing that it is a date column and because of that it isn't modeling correctly? What could cause this? Other date columns in the same table are operating correctly.

vonw13_0-1650399854746.png  

vonw13_1-1650399902410.png

6 REPLIES 6
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @vonw13 ;

Is your problem solved? If so, Would you mind accept the helpful replies as solutions? Then we are able to close the thread. More people who have the same requirement will find the solution quickly and benefit here. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @vonw13 ;

It should be because your column is related to other tables, and it is the "many" end of the relationship, so it is not displayed. This is a normal phenomenon, caused by design.

When the relationship is one-to-many, Power BI will respect your decision and remove the "many" side date hierarchy.

When the relationship is one-to-one or one-to-many, Power BI will determine which one is truly "many" side according to the order of selection.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Why-there-is-no-date-hierarchy/ba-p/2266682

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@vonw13 

Please check in Power query if the INVOICE_DATE column has errors. With out enough details, it's hard to suggest a solution.  

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

vonw13
Frequent Visitor

No errors and no blanks, what other details would be helpful?

@vonw13 

A PBIX with sample data showing the date issue will do

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

vonw13
Frequent Visitor

The total in measure 2 is correct when using the invoiced date within the same table, but doesn't do mtd when using the calendar table.

https://app.powerbi.com/links/9IsH_wdMLb?ctid=83a54211-55a4-49ab-91f2-44a45d244838&pbi_source=linkSh... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.