Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date cells empty after importing from Sharepoint folder excel sheet

Hi!

I have a weird case that is driving me crazy

I receive a compressed excel file on my inbox daily. I open it and save it on a Sharepoint folder.

The format for all dates is the same for all files:

mm-dd-yyy

SoMe excel file.jpg

On Power BI desktop I have a table that feeds from that Sharepoint folder combining files:

The thing is that the date from the first file are ok, but the column for dates of the other files are empty!

Table PBI.JPG

My Region setting are set to English UK

region setting.JPG

I try to Change type using locale, but same result. Only the rows from the first file appears, the rest empty!

Using Locale.jpg

I cannot make it work!

Any ideas?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I managed to fix it. I think the issue was that I used to open the file first in excel in order to save it in SharePoint, even though the format was the same for all files it was somehow creating a conflict. Now I just extract the files in my desktop and upload it straight from there to SP. It worked.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

By my test with the file in SharePoint folder, I cannot reproduce your issue.

Which connector do you use in power bi desktop? SharePoint folder or others?

What about setting your Region setting as mm-dd-yyyy and try again?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Cherry,

I am using from Sharepoint Folder connector

The thing is that I have a lot of tables and files within are in dd-mm-yyyy format. 

This is the only table with different date format.

I try changing my regional setting and same result.

SoMe inbound.PNG

Anyways, why does it works for the first file, but not for any other file in the same folder. That is what seem very weird to me

Anonymous
Not applicable

Besides, PBI has no problem when reading the dates of any of the files I select at Combine File query editor window. The issue is comes when it combines different files

SoMe combine files 2.pngSoMe combine files.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I managed to fix it. I think the issue was that I used to open the file first in excel in order to save it in SharePoint, even though the format was the same for all files it was somehow creating a conflict. Now I just extract the files in my desktop and upload it straight from there to SP. It worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.